Thursday, March 28, 2013

Summer Tattoo

Now because we are getting close to summer I will send some nice summer tattoo



Whilst the individual style and design of a tattoo remains the most important aspect of your newly acquired ink, the placement on the body follows closely in importance. How and where you display your tattoo will have a factor in how it is admired.

I first visited a tattoo parlour back in the mid eighties to get my first tattoo, there wasn't a woman in sight. The two resident tattoo artists were both (very macho) males, the waiting room was full of an assortment of bikers, armed forces personnel and young men like me.

In fact I don't recall seeing many females frequent my tattoo parlour at all when I was starting my tattoo journey. Any that did walk in were usually accompanying their male partners whilst they got inked.


Nowadays the scene is very different. I have personally been tattooed by a very talented female artist. A tattoo studio is no longer a male only testosterone filled haunt. Women have and will continue to get tattooed in their masses and whilst it was once frowned upon by the general public, now it is accepted.

My wife is heavily tattooed. I remember the days in the summer when we would walk around the local supermarket and attracted stares of revulsion from young mothers and little old ladies! That doesn't happen anymore, nowadays most women I see in the that supermarket have some sort of tattoo. Some are more heavily tattooed now than my wife!


I still mointain, as I did in my article regarding male tattoos, that tattoos look great in most places of the body, regardless of gender. There are however some keys places that are more beneficial to each gender.

It is also worth remembering that generally men and women get tattooed for different reasons. Women tend to go for personal tattoos with more meaning behind them, and thus sometimes feel more comfortable hiding them in discrete locations, whereas men tend to like to show their tattoos off.

No comments:

Post a Comment